Helping Those Hurt In Car Accidents
Insurance adjusters want you to settle the case yourself. They understand that by settling yourself without an attorney, you will get less money. This is because the insurance company has an experienced legal staff and attorneys to fight against your claim. Also, you can make mistakes during negotiation or simply may not understand the kind of compensation required to cover your costs. Finally, car accident injuries like whiplash and back injuries can manifest themselves later on after you have settled and have no recourse to request additional compensation.
The Law Offices of Joseph J. Cariglia, P.C., has some of the most respected personal injury attorneys in Massachusetts. Our lawyers help clients located in Boston, Framingham, Springfield and other areas in Massachusetts. We understand state law governing car accidents. This includes knowledge of statutes regarding insurance policies that base payments upon damages, pain and suffering, scarring and loss of earning capacity.
Types Of Car Accidents
Our attorneys handle car accident claims, including those stemming from or involving:
- Rear-end car collisions: Drivers are legally responsible for following at a safe distance and are responsible when rear-end accident occur.
- Cellphone use: Cellphone use while driving is highly restricted in Massachusetts. And Massachusetts law totally prohibits texting while driving.
- Highway crashes: Accidents on a highway often come about because of cars driving at high rates of speed and result in crashes that cause catastrophic injuries.
- T-bones: T-bone crashes are common, and these broadside accidents, even at low speeds, leave vehicle occupants dealing with neck, back and other injuries.
- Hit-and-runs: When drivers flee the scene of an accident, it is important to contact the police. However, even if the negligent driver is never found, you may be able to obtain compensation from your own insurance company.
- Sideswipe accidents: Resulting most often from inattentive drivers, a sideswipe by another vehicle causes damage to your car and may leave you injured. We need to hold negligent drivers accountable for such damage and injuries.
- Single and multicar accidents: Whether you were the only vehicle that crashed or you were involved in an accident with multiple cars, our firm can assist you in taking action against any insurance company or other parties. Such action ensures your needs are met.
- Tire blowouts: A tire blowout can cause one to lose control of the car, and the cause of such blowout often involves a tire defect.
- Rollovers: Vehicle rollovers generally result in serious accidents. The occupants of the vehicle are at risk of sustaining injuries if the roof collapses or the vehicle rolls a number of times. Injured parties will require compensation.
- Railroad crossing accidents: The lack of proper signs, lights or crossing arms at a railroad crossing results in very serious and fatal crashes at railroad crossings.
- Sun glare: Bright, blinding glare, this decreasing visibility is no excuse to lose control of one’s car.
We have helped people recover substantial settlements in car crash cases. This includes the largest liquor liability case in state history, which resulted in a settlement with the insurance company for more than $26 million.
When Children Are Injured In Car Crashes
Children are extremely susceptible to injury — even in a minor car accident. If your child receives injuries due to an accident, you need to take action to ensure you can take care of the child’s medical needs and protect his or her future.
We are advocates for everyone injured in car accidents. Our representation helps ensure children get the care they need. We also look out for the needs of the entire family.
We Will Fight For Your Rights After A Vehicle Collision
When injured in a car accident, don’t delay in calling a lawyer. Turn to the skilled and experienced car accident lawyers at The Law Offices of Joseph J. Cariglia, P.C., in Worcester. Call our firm today at 866-491-6561 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation.