Fighting For You After A Brain Injury
If you have suffered a head injury as a result of someone else’s negligence, that person should be held liable for the medical bills, lost work, and pain and suffering you have endured because of the injuries.
Our Worcester brain injury attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve. At The Law Offices of Joseph J. Cariglia, P.C., we have been helping brain injury victims obtain full and fair compensation for their injuries since 1961. We represent clients in Worcester, Springfield, Framingham and Boston and throughout central Massachusetts.
If you are suffering from the effects of a brain injury, our accident and injury lawyers can help. Call us today at 866-491-6561 and schedule a free initial consultation.
Knowledgeable Brain And Head Injury Representation
Many accidents that involve impact to the head can cause serious injuries, including car accidents, truck crashes, motorcycle collisions, and bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Even if you were wearing a helmet, you can suffer a serious injury to your head. Brain injuries can be sustained in slip-and-falls, as well as due to defective products as well.
Brain and head injuries can lead to slurred speech, loss of memory, behavioral changes, mood swings and other negative effects. We handle all types of head injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injury: The severity of a traumatic brain injury (TBI) may range from mild (impacting your day-to-day life) to severe (rendering a person incapacitated and in a vegetative state). A TBI can also be fatal.
- Concussions: Even if you did not lose consciousness in an accident, you may have suffered a concussion due to the forces that were applied in the accident.
- Closed head injuries: When there are no visible wounds, people tend to think that they are fine. However, a closed head injury can cause many symptoms and last for years if not diagnosed and treated immediately following an accident.
- Open head wound: Most individuals will seek medical treatment if they see that their head has been split open in an accident. These injuries are often treatable, but may need antibiotics to deal with infection or plastic surgery to minimize scarring, depending on the location of the wound.
- Contrecoup injury: When the brain slides around in the skull during an accident, it may suffer a bruise on the opposite side of the head from where the force was applied. For instance, if you were injured in a rear-end crash, you may suffer a contrecoup injury to the front of your brain, located behind your forehead.
Contact Our Lawyers For Help After A Head Injury
If you or someone you loved has suffered a catastrophic injury like a brain or head injury, you can talk with one of our experienced attorneys free of charge to learn about your legal rights and options. Call us at 866-491-6561 or contact us online to schedule your free initial consultation. We do not charge attorney fees unless we collect money for you through a verdict or settlement.