Poorly Designed And Built Roads Cause Risk
Dangerous road conditions are frequently caused by inadequate funding for maintenance and renovation. The road may be slippery when wet, with no signage warning you. If you are injured on a defective roadway, call the experienced attorneys at The Law Offices of Joseph J. Cariglia, P.C., for help getting money damages. We have more than 50 years of success handling personal injury cases.
Why Are These Accidents Happening?
Local governments in Worcester, Massachusetts, are responsible for building and maintaining safe roads, highways and bridges, while the federal government provides some of the funding. Maintenance and renovation funding often comes up short, so repairs and maintenance are delayed on more and more roads.
Our experienced team investigates your accident, and looks for evidence of defective roadways:
- Improper signage: Are signs confusing, missing or damaged? Are hazards clearly marked?
- Signage blocking view of a hazard: Did a construction crew leave temporary signs up?
- Roadway debris: Was sand and gravel left on the road? Did something fall off someone’s truck?
- Bad design: Are curves and the roadway graded for safety?
- Railroad crossing signs: Does the crossing need to be upgraded with lights and a cross-arm? Are existing signals functioning? Is the right of way clear?
- Dangerous intersections: Is the right of way clear? Is it marked as a hazard?
Defective roadways often cause one-car crashes or rollovers, leaving you with head injuries, spinal cord injuries or catastrophic injuries. If you are injured, our attorneys work to hold negligent state and local governmental bodies responsible. We work for compensation from insurance companies and the municipality, so you can recover from your injuries.
Discuss Your Dangerous And Defective Roadways Crash With Our Firm
The initial consultation with the experienced lawyers at The Law Offices of Joseph J. Cariglia, P.C., costs nothing. You pay no attorney fees unless you win money damages. There is no risk and no obligation. Contact us toll-free at 866-491-6561.